Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Replacing Cable #1 on 3GS Screen

I have several 3GS' in various states of repair. One has a functioning LCD and digitizer, but the connection on the #1 cable at the top of the screen doesn't hold. The connection on the board is ok (works with other screens) but not on the LCD.

I have a broken LCD with a good #1 cable. Is there any way to port the cable from that LCD to the good LCD? That would be cheaper than $100 for a new LCD.

Why do that when you can just remove the LCD from one and transfer it to the other? 6 screws to hold the LCD to the midframe, remove those and do the swap. Then crack open a beer to celebrate.

Ian Dalsin will be eternally grateful.