0

dragonlore
1

I replaced the screen but the click wheel isn't working.

The screen on my 5th Generation I-pod Video was cracked. I followed the instructions and replaced the front cover and screen. The click wheel worked before the repair and I did not do anything with the click wheel during the repair. Now, the click wheel does not work except I can hold down the select middle button and menu and reset my i-pod all day long. Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

1

QEII Student IT

Make sure after the repair you connected anything you unconnected during the repair.

I reopened and made sure everything is reconnected. Everything is back where it is supposed to be, but the click wheel is still doing the same thing as I wrote above. Any other ideas?

dragonlore,

0

gary
73

I have the same problem. I've pulled apart again and can find anything amiss. I've done a restore and that didnt change anything either. The restart works (holding the menu and center button)so the buttons are connecting to something, but I cant get a response beyond that.

Please help.