0

dbrancato94
1

Help me fix my PS3's freezing issues, please?

A couple of months ago my PS3 started freezing and there would be a bunch of green and blue lines shooting across the TV screen, at the time I'd done some research and found another question on this site that said I would have to apply thermal paste to the GPU; so I did.

It didn't work, so I gave up hope and decided to wait until I had enough money to get it professionally repaired or buy a new one entirely.

However, since it's been a couple of months now, I'm getting a little impatient and was wondering if anybody on this site had a little more input.

A couple of videos on youtube from people who'd had similar issues claimed that I needed to reflow the GPU, I don't paricularly feel like breaking my PS3 for good because of my abysmal soldering skills, so would anybody be able to confirm that a reflow is necessary?

Also, for a base of reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFgeicAFA...

Skip to about :51 to see what I mean.

2

Looks like you already know the answer ;-) It is freezing due to overheating. The best fix, besides the obvious of providing proper ventilation etc. would be to reflow the processors. It is really not anything that would require you to solder. Take a look at this http://blog.mic-b.com/?p=312 it is in principal the same idea. The only other way would be to either have it professionally done or to replace your PS3. Good Luck.

0

Bryan
43

its probably getting too hot put it in a place with good ventilation and out of a crowded entertainment center/ and off the carpet

Edited by: Bryan ( )

0

ImFAiiiTH
1

Hey man if u play online and u send loads of messages, go into messages and DELETE ALL and your ps3 should run a bit quicker and mite not freeze as much.....good luck