iPod Touch 2nd Generation

Model A1288 / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity

Passworded iPod Touch 2nd Generation, How do I get rid of password.

My son put a PASSWORD on iPod Touch 2nd Generation 16G

Can't take it off.

PC & Itunes won't recognize it.

Can't update it or reset it.

iPod won't start up, only displays Apple Logo.

Appreciate any help.

THX

Dean

To restore a password-protected iPod Touch:

1. Plug iPod into computer.

2. Hold down the power (top) button for about 5 seconds until you see the "slide to power off button"

3. Slide the red button.

4. Immediately hold down both power (top) and home buttons until you see the apple logo.

5. When you see the apple logo, release the power (top) button, but continue to hold down the menu button until you see a picture of a USB cable with an arrow and iTunes on your iPod.

6. Then restore your iPod with iTunes (remember this WILL erase everything off of the iPod, but hopefully your music is backed up on your computer/iTunes).

Hopefully this helps!

Unfortunately, that's the only way to get rid of the password!! Sorry!!

by Jon Fukumoto

it works yes soo happy thank you!!!!!!!!

by ronnel

we did this and there is still a password...i dont understand what is going on with it!

by Hailey

Hailey, what OS is your computer using? If you asked your own question I am sure you would get more help. Right now it shows up as an answer. So please ask your question, because there might more than one solution. Good Luck

by oldturkey03

Do the first answer, by forcing a restore. But DO NOT when it asks to, restore from backup. As this is all settings including passcode.

Restoring is supposed to erase all the contents stored on the iPod Touch, including the password. If that fails, try taking it to your nearest Apple Store and have them try. I suspect that you may have some sort of hardware issue. Try restoring again, and if it still doesn't clear the password, use my suggestion. Otherwise get a new iPod Touch. Good luck!!

Jon Fukumoto, There are a few more possibilities that could be explored before getting a new iPod.

by oldturkey03

Try putting i device in dfu mode

1. turn ipod off

2. hold power button for 3 seconds

3. while holding power button hold home button for another 10 seconds.

4. release power button hold home button for another 15 seconds then itunes will recognise and you can use as new ipod : )

i had the symbol but it still said I was locked out for 36 minuets does it still mean it works?

Dean will be eternally grateful.