Touch screen + wake button not working after repair?

Just got a replacement LCD screen and digitizer. I disassembled my ipod and attached the new part. On putting it back together the wake button would work and the screen would show and looked perfect but the touch screen was non responsive. I disassembled it again thinking I hadn't attached the digitizer properly. When trying to reattach it the wake button no longer works and the touch screen still remains unresponsive. Any ideas as to what it could be?

I'm convinced all parts are in working order I just think something is not fitting right.

Many thanks.

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

I suspect the digitizer cable is not attached correctly or the pins may be bent. As for the lock button it sounds like you tore the ribbon that controls the lock button and volume buttons. If you tear it up towards the lock button then the volume buttons would probably work.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

Hi thanks for replying, managed to get the digitizer connected properly. Touch screen seems to be working after i put the metal plate back on. the wake button still isn't working but the volume buttons are fine. Screen seems to be ok, just a few kinks as it is not seated properly yet.

by

the digitzer ribbon is underneath the board, refer to the teardown manual on this site. I just take out the rear camera and lift the board very slightly to disconnect the old one and connect the new one, you will kind of feel it click into place. Make sure to test its functionality before you close it up.

The LCD is very easy and is just on top of the board to the right of the digitizer. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask

by

Hi there, I did get it working and was happy that I fixed it, although the wake button must have been damaged as it no longer works. However it did turn into a bit of a disaster, the new screen wasn't sitting totally flush and I was worried that it would pop out too easily so I used the new seal to try and get it firmly in. Unfortunately I managed to damage the the whole thing and am back to square one, so will probably have to repeat process once I've saved up some change.

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

MarkB will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 3

All Time: 4,603