Repair guides for cell phones by manufacturer Nokia, including smartphones and a wide variety of the iconic "brick phones". This category is for phones not using an Android or Windows operating system.

What can I do if my phone get wet?

unfortunately i didn't close my water bottle, so some water pervades into the phone. The indicator is now rose. What should i do?

Most Helpful Answer

Victoria, the first thing I would do is to remove your battery. After that you do want to disassemble your phone and clean it with some high grade isopropyl alcohol. That will displace all the water that may have accumulate on the inside of your phone. If you do not remove that, you are standing a chance of getting corrosion on your boards. That will lead to failure later on. Once you cleaned it, replace your battery and see what, if any, damage you may have. Follow the link to the Electronics Water Damage pointed out by Derek Halman. If you are unsure how to disassemble your phone, you can download the service manual from here.It will show you each step of the disassembly. Hope this helps, good luck.

First: DO NOT apply power until it is completely free of liquid or moisture.

Second: Try using a Thirsty Bag to remove all the moisture from the device.

If this does not fix your phone, you can learn more by visiting:

Electronics Water Damage

will i left my phone in my bagpack and i was walking to school and it was raining so it got wet.

Victoria will be eternally grateful.