Anti-glare airport module location confusion

Hi there,

I switched my optical drive to fit an hdd bay after upgrading to an SDD. Everything went smooth, but; my wifi stopped working. (The wifi symbol shows "No hardware installed"). I tried everything I can think of, resetting smc, pram etc., retracing my steps, making sure I reconnected all the cabled; no dice, the wifi card seems bust.

So, I decided; let's try and get a new airport card. But I'm confused where/what my airport card in my anti-glare model actually is.

This (MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2009 Upper Case Replacement step 36) guide says the card on top of my optical bay is my bluetooth / airport card, while the optical drive guide (MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2009 Optical Drive Replacement step 11) says it's just a bluetooth card.

Can anybody tell me if the card on top of my optical drive is in fact just a bluetooth card, or a bluetooth + airport card?

on mine the small card located on the dvd drive is just the bluetooth, the wifi card was in the screens plastic clutch barrel. The screen on mine is the normal resolution (1440x900) but anti glare.

You may have removed the card inadvertently, or left a cable disconnected. Follow AirPort Modul is not there for more information.

If this answer was helpful please remember to return an mark it Accepted.

I naturally looked around iFixit and found that thread, but it provides the same confusion as iFixit's Guide's. Several posters say the Airport card is on the optical drive, others say it in the screen's clutch barrel...

FireInTheApple will be eternally grateful.