Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

backlight comes on and right back off

I Phone 3 GS - water damaged so i replaced the touch screen and the battery with original manufacturer parts. It worked for about 2 weeks just fine then all of a sudden the backlight will come on for a split second then back off. If you shine a bright light on the screen you can see the display with the apps on it. How can I fix that?

Jeanie, did you clean the iPhone after water damage?

Jeanie, the first thing I'd do is to clean the phone. There is a possibility that you have some corrosion that has set in. Follow this guide to get it accomplished. It was written for a 3G but still applies to your phone. Re-evaluate after and see what you got. Since you already replaced the LCD, which would have been my next step, Take a look at the 6R8 coil, which is the coil for your backlight. I would replace it and see what happens. Check out this video for the replacement procedure. Hope this helps, good luck

Jeanie will be eternally grateful.