Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

No Service following Dock Asembly Replacement

Hi all- I had a short in my previous dock connector, and ordered a replacement part to fix the whole assembly. Prior to replacement, the phone was working as normal except it would not take a charge. All signals OK, Wireless OK, etc.

Following replacement, I have been able to charge the phone, and wireless is OK, but the antenna is not working for either GSM or 3G. I am wondering if there's any way to test and see if the part is just bad, or if my reassembly was bad.

Unfortunately most handy tear-down sites like this do not spend a good deal of time on the proper connection of the antenna- there are some potential contact connections down there that I am wondering if I have missed. Has anyone encountered anything like this?

here is the teardown. check the antenna connections and check the golden spring!

as you can see in step 17 - there is the golden spring - that should be placed as shown in step 16.

Patrick will be eternally grateful.