Anyway to test why my phone is not recharging?
I've read numerous questions on the site on the topic of "my battery won't charge after a battery replacement" but my question is there anyway to test whether it is the battery itself or if there is some pad or ribbon somewhere that is malfunctioning not allowing it to charge?
Here's my situation:
- My old battery was working, but the charge wasn't great (hour or two...how I now long for those days -.-)
- I ordered a battery of the same APN off ebay and replaced it. It worked fine for the first day but when came charging time I plugged it in and walked away, the next day it was dead, stuck at the low battery screen not charging at all.
- It is still stuck at that screen after a DFU and restore
- I have taken the phone apart about two times since then, so I'm fairly confident nothing is disconnected.
- Upon taking the ORIGINAL battery out (still have the ebay one in the phone) i pinched it a bit too hard and it's magic smoke came out so it is dead, no battery to test with.
Does anyone know of any way to test if there is something wrong with the device itself or if it is just the battery without having another battery? I read something about the vibration switch but remember I'm stuck at the charging icon. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd hate to have to wait a week for yet another battery to get here just to use it as a test subject.
Is this a good question?