Mid 2009 Model A1278 / 2.26 or 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor EMC 2326

Can I upgrade the fan?

Im wondering, can get a better fan for my mac?

Why do you have an interest in a "better" fan? Are you having an issue such as noise, heat or both?

not that i know of, small fan , all small fans make a fair amount of noise when system is under load......

is it making a ton of noise all the time?

is the fan going bad?

( unibodys are usually pretty good about cooling compared to some of the non unibodys i have owned that get quite hot on the bottom)......

I do know of some high quality fans however they are larger 120mm fans for desktop systems, usually HTPC based systems to reduce ambient noise as much as possible. Nexus comes to mind. I haven't spent a lot of time checking out smaller fans since small fans usually turn at high RPM's = a fair mount of noise, so i could be wrong about after market smaller fans........

Most Helpful Answer

An extensive web search found no high end fans for your machine, sorry.

It will be difficult to find another fan that it will be better and suitable for the laptop. To find a better fan you should check to find fan at the same exact size, same voltage same amp but more RPM. That of course it will cost you battery life and honestly i don't think that you can find another fan suitable except from it's own.

If there is a heat problem you can replace the fan and change the thermal paste on the CPU and for a big amount of time your computer will run in lower temperatures.

Brock will be eternally grateful.