Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Phone goes dead before battery depleted?

why does my phone shut off before the replacement battery is depleted? Starting the day I replaced the battery my 3gs iphone will shut completely down like the battery is dead. When I plug the charger in it comes back on, but the battery immediately shows about half charged.

The problem began when I replaced the battery with new one. Shut down occurs with as much as 50% charge. I have charged phone with A/C charger, but will try again to see if helps at this point. Thank you.

Most iP* devices will auto shut down around 10% (I believe). If your not getting a full charge the battery will probably need to be replaced. I would also use an AC charger, it has more power and faster than connecting to your computer via USB.

I am facing the same problem of sudden shutoff of iPhone 3GS at sufficient battery level upto 60% is there. Phone doesn't start without plug into charger or computer. Cannot figure out but suspect the root cause of software update to ios 5.1.1 the only thing I changed in phone, or may be any other app.

glcathcart will be eternally grateful.