Released 2006, identified by model number E1705

power connector loose inside laptop.

When I connect any power supply to laptop it will not power the PC.

The power supply connector does not seat firmly in power supply port. Tried different power supplies withsame results.

Hate to spend money on repairs if it's something simple.

I had the same problem, so I just keep it plugged in all the time since I only use it to play videos n junk. Did you fix it?

Most Helpful Answer

you can Youtube to detach charging port in your laptop model. However this require skill and experience to not to destroy the circuit. If it is not fitting in properly then that means the holding pins have widened due to some reason. The best thing would be to take your laptop to a technician and have it soldered for your.

campinal2635, use this guide to disassemble your laptop. Take a look at the DC adapter and make sure that it is still attached to the logic board. You may have to replace it. The power jack is available at places like this Hope this helps, good luck.

campinal2635 will be eternally grateful.