replacing the keyboard assembly

My keyboard has the front tabs (where the screws go) or nuts are broken, so I purchased a keyboard on the net but I made a mistake and I've got a different model. The new one has a different ribbon and larger connecting socket and it doesn't fit.

My question is: Can I replace the ribbon or something else I can do to adjust it?

Here're the specs:

My original keyboard:

Serial # W86270Wzvwz /2.16GHz Core duo (T2600) Jul 27 2006 A1150 Ma-601LL

The new Keyboard I've got:

Serial # W87346Gwx91 / 2.2GHz Core Duo (T7500) June

5 2007 A1226 MA-895LL

Thank you.


Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

No, it won't work, it needs to be exchanged, even if you could, it would not be easy to do

return or exchange it for the right keyboard

this is the keyboard you need

MacBook Pro 15" (Model A1150) Keyboard

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

I have replaced the keyboard such as you described. It takes a bit of time, but not all that difficult. Yes, the main connection pad is some what larger on the one you purchased. There are about 11 small screws that hold the keypad in place. The keypad has a built in ribbon cable permanently attached so this must be removed along with the keyboard from the palm rest. Lift up the semi clear plastic cover on the back side of the palm rest, then vey carefully lift the small clip, it is tiny brown in color, then gently pull out the small ribbon cable. The rest should be self explanatory. It can be done.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

JORGE BARREIRO will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 955