Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Ribbon cable 7 won't fit

I replaced the volumebuttons, everything went smoothly, but when I reassembled everything back, the ribbon cable no.7 simply won't snap back it. Cable 6 with the same plug is no problem at all, I fiddled around for 25 min and I never used any force, still no success... Looks a bit like the connector on the logicboard is a bit deformed, but I don't know for sure...any ideas?

If I am right, ribbon cable 7 is for the antenna? I taped it, I got reception, but it is not really stable.

Yes, that is for reception. You may have just bent it out of shape enough that it won't pop back in again. You have to use a microscope or magnifying glass to look at it and with some tweezers/forceps manipulate it into shape. Worse case is, you need it replaced. That is something more challenging. Requires desoldering and soldering of a new one on.

edwood110 will be eternally grateful.