Repair and disassembly guides for Brother printers.

I want to repair the power suply on the above printer...

Can you guide me in as to how to access to the power supply for the Brother HP-2170 W printer please?.

i want to chang my brother printer mfc j220 head

pls help me wear i do it

Consumer grade printers aren't exactly easy to service, and they are generally more to repair then to get a new one. While you can probably find parts and repair it, it's going to be very expensive. Due to the low cost of the printers that just need a drum or toner, I usually recommend people take advantage of this and scrap the old printer in it's entirety and move the old drum and toner combination to the new one. I do not recommend moving your formatter board as your total page count will no longer be accurate either, which is far worse then having an inaccurate drum count. On models that track the fuser life, you will mess this up as well.

A word of advice: Until you let the counter run to 0, replace the drum with a new one and only reset it once you install a drum that is truly brand new your drum % remaining count will never be accurate and you will need to rely on the print quality as a gauge for how much drum life is left. Do not worry about this too much, but you will probably want to make a note about the drum vs printer count discrepancy.

If you do choose to repair the printer, you will need to see if it's a bad power supply or High Voltage PCB as these are the two likely culprits. It's likely going to be a power supply fault, but you should also inspect the High Voltage PCB just to be sure. If it's a fault that is obvious, then it's probably worth a shot at repairing the existing printer. If it isn't an easy problem, it may not be a bad idea to look for a printer from the period the HL-2170 was made that just needs a new toner or drum and recycle your old one.

You can find the service manual here.

If you truly don't care about maintaining compatibility with your old drum and toner cartridge, look around for a sale on a much newer model. Your toner and drum combo are highly unlikely to work, so you probably will not be able to use these parts again.

+Solid performance in answering this one.

Victor will be eternally grateful.