Repair and disassembly guides for GE Microwave ovens.

What does -f3- mean on microwave?

F3 and a beeping sound is on the microwave and I can not set the clock or use it at all. I have disconneted it a few times,but when I plug it back in the F3 appears with the beeping sound and I can't set the clock or use it at all.

The F3 means you have a shorting membrane keypad.

If and when an oven exhibits this code or is coming on or doing anything by itself, this is very dangerous and can result in a fire.

None of us on this site recommend trying to repair this type of problem on a microwave because it can kill you. Toss it and get a new one, PLEASE.

Thank you for this advice. I was experiencing this F3 error message along with the beeps, so I would plug it in to use it and disconnect it when I was done, but after reading this information, I decided to just toss it and get a new one. It's too dangerous to chance. Thanks

Thank You for information I have 3 young kids and I have let Willow Ridge Apartments LLC know about this and they have cancel my request. I unplugged the microwave/ fan a few times and it seem ok for a couple of minutes but the acts by itself with loud beeping nonstop and signal -F3- . I have read this info and I don't feel safe to use it or try. What can I do ? Can you please

Shirley will be eternally grateful.