Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Bent pin on LED/Inverter Connector on Logicboard

In the process of replacing the LCD, I managed to incorrectly seat the LED/inverter power connector. I now have a pin that is bent so badly that it's shaped like a hook. By the looks of the pin, these pins must be pretty heavy duty -- but I'm afraid I'm going to snap it if I bend it back. I was thinking of using some micro pliers or something similar. Or possibly heating up the pin to make it more malleable. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here's a picture of my situation:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5593919/bentpin....

Cross your fingers!

Try to straighten the pin with a pair of small pliers. Heating it would not help here.

I've fixed a few issues like this before (3 I think), micro pliers are the way to go. don't heat it up, you might damage something else.

branthax will be eternally grateful.