Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

How do I solder a new fpc connector 3 - 3gs

I want to desolder my old one, and then add a new FPC 3 to my logic board. But if I try to resolder this, will it burn off the plastic on it?

Andrew unless you have the right equipment and the right skills with lots of practice, I personally would recommend having this fixed by a professional. Try and contact the user hectordtruong, who is an expert on this type of repair. I am sure he will provide you with more info. Good Luck.

I just need to know if it can be done. Because isn't the black flap on the connector made of plastic? Doesn't heat melt plastic? Do I remove this or what??

Yes it is possible, but not with a normal soldering iron and not if one does not have the experience. Check this out http://hectordtruong.blogspot.com/2010/0...

Andrew will be eternally grateful.