The iMac is Apple's line of all-in-one desktop computers.

Pinout of the iMac's built in iSight.

Does anyone know the pinout of the camera so I can make a USB cam out of it? Here's the situation, I have a Mac mini and an Acer Monitor, along with an isight out of a dead iMac. I want to put the camera on top of the monitor (not in, on) and plug it in to a USB port. Thanks for any help.

For the iSight Camera on an iMac 27" Mid-2010, I found that the wire colouring matches the colouring of the SD Card reader as mentioned in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/apple...

I have made a couple of these out of Isight G5 Camera's

Cut off the little connector to reveal the usb cables on the short wires connected to the video board..

these are standard usb colors and can be joined to a longer usb cable.

That's cool. I did not know that would be possible. ++

Thanks, I haven't taken the camera out yet so I was hoping it was simple.

It would be nice if you could do a tear down of this and post it to iFixit. I would love to do this. + vote from me.

I might build one of these into my westinghose display, looks really cool

or an even better idea, build it into an apple ADC studio display, it has built in USB, will these run on USB 1.1?

I followed this tutorial when converting a dead 27 inch iMac to a 27 inch cinema display, and managed to connect the iMac's internal isight through USB... the problem is that I want to use it with a MBP in clamshell mode, and the USB isight is recognized as "internal isight", and disabled when the MBP lid is closed!

Any solution to this problem?

I think this is a useful link to connect an internal isight webcam to usb

Isight pinout

GYuri

To connect Isight Imac late 2008 :

USB -> Camera cable

Black -> Black

Red -> Blue

White -> Brown

Green -> Purple

hi…. can anyone explain how to successfully solder those hairs of copper? despite the flux, it acts as it is pushing the solder away (floating?) … maybe i don't remove the insulation correctly (i melt it), but i don't see an other way…. help please!!!!

On the Imac intel my wires broke from the board, I was able to figure out the colors and locations. ZT1 is Hot "Red", ZT2 is Black "Neutral", ZT3 is "White" and ZT4 is Green! If your wires come undone and need resoldered this will help!

What do I down load for the drivers to make it work on a Dell XPS with Windows 8.1 pro

KC Bills will be eternally grateful.