Auto Accessory

Repair and support for car and truck accessories, including jump starters and car chargers.

Can I use my Chrysler/dodge VES headphones elsewhere?

I have a set of Chrysler/Dodge VES bluetooth headphones that work with the car's entertainment system.

It seems like a giant waste to only be able to use it in the car - is there any way I can adapt them to use with my TV or computer? Perhaps with a bluetooth adpater

Oh yes, and i don't know if they're infrared or bluetooth. I'm guessing infrared

by Joe

Most Helpful Answer

I do believe that they are IR, not bluetooth. You can only use them if you have the sending IR unit. It looks like that even the different Chrysler vehicles have different frequencies, so you would have to find out from what model they came from. To use it with anything else, you would need to find something that matches the frequency of the headphones; could be tough. Good Luck..

Hey there - According to this website where I bought my Chrysler Town and Country headphones the IR headphones can only be used in cars (they are not bluetooth so they can not be synced with other wireless applications).

http://www.audiovideo2go.com/automotive-...

Joe will be eternally grateful.