Replacing MacBook Pro Motherboard with a newer motherboard i3 or i5

I have a 13 inch Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro mid 2010 model, i love it! But one mistake i made was getting the Core 2 Duo model, ive been kinda dreading it for the past year kinda, i would like to upgrade it to an i3 or i5 if possible, if i can, i would like to upgrade it to a MacBook Pro 2011 motherboard if possible. Would anyone know if this is possible? If i can upgrade it to an i3 that was made for the 2010 MacBook Pro it would be great. Or upgrade to a 2011 MacBook Pro motherboard? Please let me know, i would love to know!!

it sounds more like you should trade in what you have and upgrade..2011 motherboards would be hellishly expensive anyway regardless of compatibility.

by pollytintop

Most Helpful Answer

not possible at all

2010 lcd assembly is completely different than the i series

as the bluetooth/wifi isnt in the clutch clover

@pollytintop i would but the trade in value of it is less than 500, i spent over 1,000 on it, that would be unreasonable when i can just get a different motherboard for less than 500.

@torontomac so if i got a 2011 motherboard it wouldnt work? Correct? I thought about it and i was thinking it would mean i would have to get a new display to go with a HD facetime cam too, etc.. But what if i got a motherboard with an i3 that was in a 2010-mid MacBook pro, would that work or no?

alec tokosch will be eternally grateful.