Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Broken connector 3 (not ribbon)

Hi all,

I have broken connector number 3 while replacing the digitizer, the ribbon is fine I think. From what I have read elsewhere though this should only effect the sound, but in actual fact I can't turn the phone on, when I press the power on button I just get a white screen for about 10 seconds. I have tried resetting manually (home and power button) and by restoring it on my laptop. Does anyone know if connector 3 being broken will cause this or have I probably damaged something else as well?

Thanks for any advice :-)

It works as a connector where the earpiece and proximity sensor plugs in. Is the connector right of the logic board? I would usggest you get it fixed since everything else is really just a guess, since you already know that you have a damaged logic board. If it is right off the board, I would either resolder it (tricky since it is a small part and needs some expertise) or get it fixed. Check with a user hectordtruong on here, he does a lot of board level repair and could possibly help you with that. check on here http://www.ifixit.com/User/235262/hector... for his information

I can personally recommend Hector's work..did a tricky job for me not so long ago..brilliant! If there is more than just a connector 3 problem he'll be able to help you too! I'd recheck my connector no1 is on and leave connector 3 off and see if it powers on, connector 3 can cause some very odd problems.

Thanks guys.

Gareth, the damaged #3 shouldn't be causing your LCD to do that. There is a chance something else is causing that, and I can take a look at it for you. This occurs a lot when the user removes the LCD from the phone while it is still on. Shoot me an email we can get it squared away.

The #3 connector controls the proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and ear speaker. Phone should work 100% aside from those 3 things when the #3 is kaput.

Gareth will be eternally grateful.