iPod Touch 4th Generation Repair

Model No. A1367 / 8, 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

entire screen cracked and chunks missing

i dropped my ipod on cement screen down and i can see the insides, works fine though.... is it fixable??

drew, sure it is. All you need is a new front panel assembly from here, and follow the guides from here. Take your time, study the guides and organize your work. Hope this helps, good luck.

thank you sooo much! i thought i would need a new one... saved my life

by drew

You are welcome. Glad it worked for you...

by oldturkey03

Just a note, you'll need a new screen like oldturkey03 said. But, also check for any dings around the metal where the glass sits. I've seen plenty of iPod touch 4th's that get a dented metal rim and when you replace the glass it just won't fit back in. (With an very slight ding an exacto/hobby knife might work, but for real dings it won't).

If it's not dented, your good to go. If it is dented, then you may be looking ordering then transferring everything over to a new back plate ... and this can be extremely difficult.

In in any case, good luck and remember your questions are always welcome.

drew will be eternally grateful.