Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

How do I replace the ribbon for power button?

So I found the guide that goes all the way up to removing the ribbon but how do I change the housing to the new ribbon and reassemble it?

Cheers,

Josh

I just did this last night (although it was up/down volume pressure pads that were broken) and I followed the guide below. The bit I needed to change includes the volume, mute, headphone jack and power button. It's all one peice of cable.

I got my cable and tools off eBay for about £8. To change the hardware on the cable you just pull the old one off and stick the new one on. then just reverse the steps in the guide below to put i back together.

iPhone 3G Volume Button Replacement

Josh Skrzelinski will be eternally grateful.