0

paramjit singh
1

Can I do a screen replacement using parts from CMDA for GSM?

So my GSM iphone 4 dropped and cracked its screen. I have a CDMA iphone 4 to use for parts. Now i Know that the digitizer and lcd areglued together. The only thing different between the cdma and gsm is the bracket. Can i take the digitizer from the cdma and use the bracket from the gsm to install it on the gsm?

0

David Hodson

You cannot separate the pieces of the display assembly to try to salvage one to use for the other. The two pieces are fused together in manufacturing (this isn't just simple adhesive), and it's very likely you would do some serious damage trying to separate the two. You're going to need to buy the correct part.

iPhone 4 Display Assembly (GSM/AT&T)

Replacement display assembly includes LCD, front panel glass, camera bezel, and speaker mesh. Replace a broken, cracked, or shattered iPhone 4 display with this assembly. Compatible with iPhone 4 GSM/AT&T models. Black and white options. Kit and part only — 50+ available at 34.95 each.