1

Antriksh Saxena
13

Any software way to increase my iPod's volume?

I have an iPod Nano 6th Generation and it had been working perfectly fine, but one day suddenly my up volume button got stuck. That button cant be pressed as it has gone down completely. I searched a lot and it seems to be a common problem that the buttons stuck and also i got a useful link here but i do not want to open up my ipod on my own. Is there some way through software by which i can increase my volume?? I tried restoring my ipod but even that does not increase my volume to the full. I just want a software solution through which i can increase my volume up to the full.

Thank you in advance.

1

pollytintop

if you did the repair yourself, and buy the part on ebay or whatever then the cost would be cheap. The only hard part is removing the front screen with a heat gun, the rest of the repair looks much easier. i think if you are prepared by reading the excellent guide here, take it slowly and very carefully, you should be able to do this yourself...If you do the "shim" then the cost is a bit of electric for your hairdrier!

0

Country Computer Service
5k

You can max out the volume, but you have a hardware problem and need to have the volume button/cable replaced.

How do i max out the volume? My ipod is not in warranty period so it will be very expensive to get the button replaced.

Antriksh Saxena,

Well, I was referring to turning up the volume on the device if you have that option on the software side. If the button is stuck, theny as pollytintop below stated you just need to repair the button. Follow the guides on iFixit and its a pretty easy fix. And don't be shy to ask for help here in the forums. :)

Country Computer Service,

0

Bory
1

You can use the headphone which is use for the phones to get the remote volume on it. It will allow you to increase the volume of your Ipod but personally I preferred to repair it, the volume button is so convenient.

0

mrg2k8
1

You can fix it yourself. See this http://www.rbarrios.com/projects/NANO6BU... . It's (almost) free.

mrg2k8, if you click on the link that Antriksh Saxena posted in the original question, you will find that it is identical to the one you provide. So not really a good answer....