Motorola Droid RAZR

The Droid Razr is an Android-based, 4G LTE-capable smartphone designed by Motorola.

Removing back cover of the Razr

When removing the back cover or the Droid Razr, is there anything other can clips fastening the cover to the rest of the phone? e.g., is there adhesive or anything else?

I ask so that I can be sure to have the right parts for replacement and so that I can judge the risk in removing the back.

Hey Josh,

The back cover of the RAZR is secured pretty tightly; however, it contains no adhesive or anything else. It is simply secured rather well with clips and well-fitting parts. With a spudger, a plastic opening tool, and a little concentration, the back cover should come off just fine. It is also built pretty well, so the risk of you damaging the device is rather low.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Jake is right. This was one of the toughest parts of the teardown. We think it has to do with that Kevlar back being held in tension.

by David Hodson

Thank you for the quick response. Another reason why www.ifixit.com is the first place I look to for electronic tear downs and repair advice.

by Josh

Glad we could help, and we appreciate your gratitude! Have fun with your repairs!

by Jake Devincenzi

Hi all

I want to recommend every one that want to do any repair work to take photos and notes during the repair process.

http://smpstroubleshooting.com/

We already did all of that for you. We have a complete set of guides for the Droid RAZR.

by David Hodson

i had taken off the back and it did not brake on the other hand though DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY it contains an orange ribbon and if that brakes it voids the warrenty. you will have to pay full price for a new phone but DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY just simply hold the power button + hold the volume up button at the same time

hope this helps

to reset the phone

by Daniel

Josh will be eternally grateful.