Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 is the second game console made by Microsoft, and was released November 22, 2005.

Cant read disc during gameplay

First off, I have the open disc error, but once i get past that and into the game is where the cant read disc issue starts. For example i will use fifa 12. I am able to get into the games main menu and play around all i want there. But once i go into playing a game, it will say unable to read disc as the game loads. I thought i would be able to install it to the hard drive so i wouldn't need the disc drive, but i can only get to 12% install before it stops and says the disc is dirty. I can insure you the disc is not dirty or scratched. Has anyone else had this issue and figured out whats wrong?

Im having the same problem I tryd replacing the laser and adjust it but it didnt solve the problem it doesnt read some games but it does read dvd. I recommend replacing the whole disc drive. It cost around 70 at ebay depending on ur xbox.

yeah, i've cleaned the laser, and done a pot adjust. Nothing seems to work. If i buy a new disc drive (i have a benq), will i have to go through the whole business of getting around the firewall?

by Dean

@ Dean, Careful with replacing the optical drive "The Xbox 360 is designed so that the DVD drive works only with the particular game console it is installed in. Replacing a defective DVD drive with a replacement DVD drive does not work, since the replacement has a different DVD drive key, which the game console won't accept." http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-X... You can not just replace it. there are ways, but research it first and make sure you want to go that route. Good Luck.

by oldturkey03

Thanks, i feel like its not worth the hassle to go buy a new drive and figure out how to make it work with my current console. Time to look for a new xbox on sale

by Dean

Dean will be eternally grateful.