Kindle Fire

Android-based media tablet by Amazon with 7" multi-touch color display. Repair requires only screwdrivers and prying tools.

Is this power adaptor Ok for my Kindle Fire?

I bough a new Kindle Fire in Tokyo and they said the power adaptor that came with it couldn't be used in Japan and they game me one they said would work. The input voltage and cycles are good for Tokyo but

I'm want to know if the output to the Kindle is OK.

The output is 5 volts at 1 Amp. Is this OK?

Most Helpful Answer

That adapter will be fine. The important number too look for is voltage. The Kindle requires 5V, and that's what your power supply gives. Being under amped (less than 1.8A) is ok; this will just increase charge time.

Can I use the charger at 2.1 amps 5 volts to charge the Kindle Fire 2? Or better at 1 amp, and why?

Yes, you can use a 2.1 amp charger. The charger will provide 2.1 amp but the Kindles charging circuitry will only draw a max of 1.8amp. The 1A will work as well but it will take a lot longer to charge the battery. The charger may get hot since the Kindle 's charging circuity will try to pull a higher amperage from the charger.

by oldturkey03

Dan Huffman will be eternally grateful.