Repair documentation for the updated Sony PlayStation 5 DualSense controller. Model number: CFI-ZCT1W FCC ID: AK8CFIZCT1A

Pressing the X button presses also the PS button! Please read below

When I press the X button, the PS button acts like it's pressed plus the controller doesn't turn off.

The controller works perfectly besides from that!

Tried resetting the controller didn't work. Tried cleaning the surface and get some isopropyl alcohol under the X-button, didn't do it correctly but still the controller didn't work.

Called some local repair shops, some responded that I just throw it in the garbage.

What might be the problem? What might be the cause? and how to fixit?

The controller is new (2 months old) I'm out of the US before suggesting warranty replacement

I’d say it be a problem with the membranes or the contacts on the board it’s self in sorry that the stores are telling you to throw it away never do that the reason I think they said that is because the controller is kinda infamous for being hard to repair

2 Comments:

So do I just disassemble it and clean underneath?

I would say to yes sorry for the late answer but be careful k

Moe hamm will be eternally grateful.