Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

iPhone isnt turning on

i have recently replaced my lcd screen thinking that was the problem it went black as the vibrate was still working. by the time my lcd arrieved the phone went dead. i replaced the lcd and the iphone 3gs still didnt turn on.. i tried holding the power and home button whislt plugged into wall and still didnt turn on. then i dicided to replace battery and it turned on but very dim went to plug it into charge and with in a few seconds it swtiched off, and now wont turn back on again..

any ideas guys??? i cant think of anything else..?

thanks heaps oldturkey03 :) i think your right with the dock connector some pins are bent and it looks a bit black inside there thanks again i will replace it :)

I would check the dock connector for any bend/broken corroded pins. Also clean it with a toothpick and some compressed air and see if it charges. Have you tried a different cable yet? Have you tried a multimeter to see if you get power to the battery connections when your phone is plugged in?

joshua will be eternally grateful.