Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Repairing the hard disk procedures to be followed

i have taken the back up,when i checked up disc utility for repair procedures,it says insert the cd with original software version is 10.5.8 but i have upgraded to 10.6.8.what should i do can i do it myself are should i take it to mac repair facility i live in a remote place and the nearest facility is 500kms away.i am from india kindly guide me please

Insert your 10.6 system disk, reboot holding down the "C" key. Go to the second screen pull down menu to Utilities > Disk Utility. Select your drive in the left hand column and repair it. Do this till it runs clear. Now repair your permissions.

NARAYANAN LAKSHMANAN will be eternally grateful.