Power up and shuts off on it's own

I power my tv on (Sanyo DP50747 Plasma) and the picture acts like it wants to come on, then shuts off within 10 seconds. I power it up again and the screen shows a little more. When I do it a third time it acts like it is warmed up and works fine after that. I took the back off and looked at the fuses however they have a white film over them. How do I fix this? It has to be something simple.

Chris, check your power board and see if your caps are either leaking (sticky oil like substance on the PCB) or if the tops are bulging. Those are the once to replace. Parts are available at places like this if you want to replace the board. Your caps can be purchased inexpensively at places like Mouser.com and Digikey.com Of course, make sure that you read and follow the safety precaution when and if you decide to work on your TV.

I had the same problem with mine. It eventually got to the point it took 10-15 minutes of off and on to start up and now it won't start up at all.

When you turn it on it turns itself right back off in seconds.

I'm thinking it may be the power board. I've got the back off and looking at it and believe I can RR but not sure it's worth the price of a new power board. :(

Chris will be eternally grateful.