iPod Touch 4th Generation

Model No. A1367 / 8, 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

When I go to camera it shows only a black screen!?

Ok so I want to take a picture on my Ipod (4th generation) I open up the camera selection and wait for it to open but all it shows me is a black screen. If I push the volume button it will still take the picture but it wont show my what im taking a picture of!? I am not the only one who has this problem my friends with the same type of Ipod have the exact same problem! SOLUTION ANYONE?! Ask any questions to make this description more clear!

***Thanks!****

Are the pictures in your photo gallery? If the camera is taking pictures but just not showing while in the camera "app", I would guess software issue. Have you tried downloading a picture taking app or restoring the phone?

by Phillip Takahashi

try resetting the phone app. Double-tap the home button and a menu will pop up across the bottom of the screen, scroll left/right and find the camera app icon. press and hold till a little red circle appears on the icon and it jiggles. Press the red circle.

HIH

Thanks so much!! HIH~ it worked for me!! So awesome! Thought I had broken it and its brand new so I was a little worried! Thanks again!!

by AGW

Thanks Richdave worked for me :)

by Rob

Well this helped me too! Thanks! I was going to be seriously angry if I broke my iPod, because I was INCREDIBLY careful with it! I took a video, watched it, and then went to take another video but it showed me a black screen. I honestly thought it was broken and started freaking out. Thanks though Richdave!

by Hannah

Hello! so i tried this on my iphone5 and a red button never appears...any other thoughts?

by annie

How in the !&&* the red circle will appear.... help please ??

by Liridon Guri

Does it delete all your pictures that you had before it stopped working though?

Ok, so it took me like forever to even find this page but sure glad I did. I have had the same problem with my ipod camera and this work beautiful....thanks soo much.

Dana

I tried that but it still didnt work and my phone is just a month old and i have never dropped it

I have the same problem but on my Toshiba Thrive tablet. Display for camera is black, but it takes pictures...I just can't see what I am shooting before I shoot. Any ideas?

So sorry. I complete reboot of the tablet fixed my problem. Thanks all. This looks like a great site.

umm...how do I find the "home" (setting?) to double tap. I do not see a "home" icon. After 90 minutes of looking at e-v-e-r-y-t-h-in-g, I have only found a "home" under calendars. Please help.

the home button is the white button

by Stacey Farrell

Thanks so MUCH!!!

Thank you very much!!!! Worked:)

Thank you HIH your answer was great!

@laura the home button is the only actual button on the Ipod the one with the square on it.

Thanks so much @Richdave, this worked for me also!

yay! just bought my daughter an ipod and her cousin knocked it to the floor cuz he was mad and the camera wouldnt work. tried your tip, tapping the home button(lightly tap 2 times the main power button..the circle at the bottom). then you'll see the camera. then follow the previous persons suggestion. worked great!!!

awesome...had the exact same issue and this fixed it!!

Just turn it off leave it for a second and turn it on and it will work just fine. :)

I had the exact same problem. Here are some other things you could try if the problem still persists after you remove the camera from the undocked menu options tap:

1. hold the lock and home button until the 'apple' logo appears. This would reset your ipod.

2. switch your ipod on and off

3.just wait awhile,it might eventually show up. (THIS WORKED FOR ME. IT WAS SUCH A BLESSING IN DISGUISE)

Hi my camwow camwow reto and the other picture app on apple store that u can get but the apps won't work it keeps going black when I take a photo on my iPod 4th generation it's since I've downloaded iOS 6 that's it stop working it really strange one minute it works the next it don't I've tried restarting the app deleted it three times and I've also restarted my settings on my iPod I have even turned my iPod off for two days to see if its works and it don't I really would love some answers on why its stop working thank u Sam

I'm having something of this similar I've tryed and restart it but not working. Problem is when I take photos and videos they will go down to left hand corner but when I press donne there to view them it says I have none I've also taken videos and nada, tryed the screen pictures home and power together and nada. So overall i take photos and videos but they are not saving I'm guessing please help!

its not working for me. I have the same problem but I dont even have the camera icon. What should i do?

Hi, i have a ipod touch, its about 2 months old. when i go into the camera its just a black screen. wont let me take pictures. there is space available on ipod so its not a issue on too full.

I have tried to do all of the above tricks, but no luck. when i double tap the home button nothing happens. I hold my finger on the camera app and it just jiggles. Nothing.

Please help, im extremely frustrated with this.

loli197 will be eternally grateful.