iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

No picture on the screen but iPhone 4 is on?

I have a iPhone 4 black GSM 16gb. I recently took it apart to place a new screen in it but now when i turn it on no picture in the old or new screen. The phone is on because the phone vibrates when the mute button is switched. I looked at all of the connection points for the screen and the digitizer but no defections. I have never had this problem with any iPhones before and i really need help with a solution.

Most Helpful Answer

Try pressing and holding the power and home buttons as the same time.

Is it recognised if connected to PC iTunes?

Several things could be at play here. As the previous poster suggested, you can do a hard reset. Hold down the power button and home button at the same time. This will force the phone to perform a hard reset.

If that does not work, then we will want to do a full restore on the iPhone. MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR DATA IS BACKED-UP TO iTUNES BEFORE DOING THIS STEP.

Turn the phone off. Now, hold down the power button and home button until the Apple logo appears. Once it appears let go of just the power button (still holding down the home button). This will force the iPhone into DFU mode and the display will show the icon for iTunes and a USB cable. Now connect your iPhone to iTunes and do a complete restore.

If that does not resolve it, then it sounds like the LCD may have gone bad. We would recommend replacing the LCD as the next step to see if that resolves the no image issue. If you still have no image after replacing the LCD, then it is likely that the video component on the motherboard has gone bad. The phone likely can not be fixed.

We see these 'no image' issues in our repair shop every day and these would be the basic troubleshooting steps that you can do at home to resolve the issue.

Rick

Thanks. That fixed the problem. Once I got the Apple screen, it took a few minutes to get the phone on.

by wasiechu

Got this problem too, itunes can restore, update . Sync etc,

Screen is on with very low light but all black with no image

Yep, thanks guys, i have done all those, i have removed a silver cover just behind the lcd connector, and found that one chip that looks like a mirroe, its cracked somehow, comparing to other motherboards, where this looks fine on them. Will the "bin" be the only option for this board , hard to let go as this is factory unlocked

hi

im shahal muhammed .thanks your ideas. my iPhone now working ,

thanks bro.....:)

Bradley will be eternally grateful.