PlayStation 3

The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

My PS3 disc is stuck, how can I get it ejected?

Well, like most, I got the dreaded YLLOD with a disc still inside.

Yes i have seen the help here about the fan cycle. It doesn't work for me—it just goes to yellow. Is there any other way apart from dismantling my PS3?

This question was migrated from http://meta.ifixit.com/Answers.

by iRobot

Most Helpful Answer

If you havent figured it out yet, this is what you do. Turn the main power switch off in the back. Next, hold down the eject button and turn the switch back on. The fan will run high and it will eject your disc. May have to do it a couple of times. Worked on the second try for me.

I too had the same problem with a stuck disc I tried all the techniques to remove the disc but I figured with my playstation having the ylod anyways I figured what more damage could I do by removing the blu ray drive and opening it myself be prepared if u decide to attempt this there are about a dozen or so screws holding everything together

If holding the eject button and pressing and HOLDING the power button till the power light is green does not eject the disc, It may be the drive is DUFF or just jammed for some reason.

THIS GUIDE should be your next option.

Pull the drive out and see if there is anything obvious.

PlayStation 3 Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) Fix Kit may also be worth consideration.

Mentioned Items

"If you havent figured it out yet, this is what you do. Turn the main power switch off in the back. Next, hold down the eject button and turn the switch back on. The fan will run high and it will eject your disc. May have to do it a couple of times. Worked on the second try for me."

this worded but now my play station flashes to yellow then red. whats that mean?

sometimes manual and force eject don't work . I've made my own way of ejecting it . you get 2 discs and force them in to get the 3rd out just make sure bottom one doesnt go in more than top .

its worked every time. don't waste your money.

You should press both buttons at the same time, you will hear some beeps and hopefully it will spit out the disc.

I did what you said guy none of them works, i think i have a problem in my ps3 , so here's what i did i pressed eject button then entered edge of new CD game in case there's something not opening while ejecting Process & it's worked."

hey thanks btw (y)

Best troubleshooting trick ever! My son was devastated when he realised his 2 year old sister had stuck multiple DVDs in, fan trick did nothing. Placing 1 disc in part way in and pressing eject got 2 discs to come out, pressing eject got a 3rd disc out. THANK YOU!!!

by Mendy

my ps3 has a disc stuck in it and it cant come out

''''The answer from MICHAELPALACIS(below) was absolutely spot on. I removed FOUR DVDS from the machine..................THANK YOU..........''

''

'sometimes manual and force eject don't work . I've made my own way of ejecting it . you get 2 discs and force them in to get the 3rd out just make sure bottom one doesnt go in more than top .

its worked every time. don't waste your money.'

How to manually eject a disc from PS3 slim: http://youtu.be/C-lfUEUNIS8 I watched this video and was the only thing that helped for me

by Justin Smith

How can I ever get two additional discs in?? There seems to be something blocking it. Btw; how can i be sure that there is a disc stuck in it? Maybe there's another problem just preventing me to insert a disc. When I want to play the system says there's no disc..

by Kees

I solved one part of teh matter. Dismantled the PS and part of the blueray player and managed to get the disc out. However, now still I can't get a disc in anymore. there's a white pin or something blocking it. Any ideas how to fix that? Thanks!

by Kees

ronan will be eternally grateful.