A handheld gaming console made by Valve, released on February 25, 2022.

Dropped Steam Deck - Broke Left Daughterboard

I dropped my steam deck and the LB quit working. It appears I broke the little blue piece that the LB makes contact with to produce the clicking noise. So I believe I need a new Left Daughterboard, which iFixit does not sell. I have attached pictures, sorry for the quality. Valve has still not gotten back to me after a couple of days. Can anyone verify that I need a new daughterboard? Does anyone know how I can get one? Or does anyone have any experience/advice with this? Any help is welcome. Thanks for your time. I'm beginning to worry there isn't a fix....

Most Helpful Answer

it just needs the button replaced, you would need to get someone to be able to source a suitable replacement and be able to solder it on to the board

2 Comments:

you are wrong

@spocksbrain how exactly, does the posted photos not show a broken button ( yes ) is a button replaceable ( yes ).

iFixit does have the part listed, but it's currently not on sale:

[linked product missing or disabled: IF260-022-1]

Currently I have this problem too (although the switch did not come off of the daughter board)

1 Comment:

I ultimately decided to RMA the deck.

the daughterboards still are not in stock and i suspect they sell out instantly whenever they are in stock. that fragile flimsy microswitch is the number 1 most broken piece on this hardware.

Taylor Spivey will be eternally grateful.