Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.

How do I reconnect the motherboard ribbon cables?

I have watched and read many descriptions of how to disassemble a 1st gen iphone, but have found none that show me how to reassemble one.

I am having great difficulty reconnecting the ribbon cables beneath the motherboard. Is there a special tool for this? Thanks much.

iPhone X Fix Kits

Warranty up? No worries, we’ve got the fix.

iPhone X Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

With your finger ? If you disconnected it by prying it with a spudger, just put it back by pressing the connector to its socket, but verify is well lined up.

M specific issue is with the digitizer ribbon once the other three are already connected. I can't get my finger in there.

My fingers are unable to connect any of the Logic Board Connectors except for the Back Case Flex Ribbon. The rest I lay the Logic Board carefully in its position, then I slightlhy lift the board up and using a thin probe push them into place basically upside down, sometimes even just pushing the board back down on the connector while the probe guides everything. Its a bit of trial and error and carefully inspecting underneath, because you don't want to leave one undone that you connected earlier.

I see, I've never had an iPhone 1G in hands, but I read the guide more carefully. What I'll do after replacing the one step 25 is putting the others back using the spudger as a lift, it must be coarse but I don't see any other way to do it. Once again I can't help much as I've never done it with an iPhone 1G

it's a very tricky setup but the only other tool to use here is a pair of tweezers or forceps. I nearly pulled my hair out trying to do this but managed with just fingers..

DaveRoch will be eternally grateful.