Random turn off, takes many tries to reboot, springboard errors
I cannot find a single reference to my problems anywhere on the net.
My IPhone 3GS 32Gb is one of two I purchased used on Ebay last year. This one is refurbished, the other not. Both are jailbroken and unlocked using RedSnow / Cydia, on baseband 6.15.00.
Whilst the other one works perfectly, this refurbed one has all sorts of problems. I cannot say whether it had the problems before I jailbroke it, because I did it so soon after purchase. Perhaps that was a mistake.
- random turning off at various battery life %s
- turning off during the running of apps, including phone calls (in fact, usually happens when trying to run an app)
- reboot will abort at various timings after turning off
- screen will flash and go weird during reboot, then abort and either go to black screen or try again
- screen will also flash with red lines, but usually cycles amongst black, white and red lines or boxes
- sometimes, phone will boot into 'safe mode' or whatever - springboard not loaded properly. Usually it will crash if try to load normally at this stage.
- rarely, the phone will reboot just fine straight away, but usually it's just like having a fight with a person - you leave it to seathe for a bit, and eventually it will get over its tantrum, reboot and work again! Like it needs cooling off. HOWEVER, normally it won't reboot if it is below 50% battery life - it will keep trying 'til it gets to 0%.
The phone usually works perfectly above 90% battery life, but then certain apps can still crash it. It also sometimes goes from 100% battery to 0% many times without a problem. Then it can crash several times within 1 charge.
I tried new batteries at a local repair shop, and whilst one new battery improved the problems, they did not go away. A 2nd new battery (different model) did not work at all, and took me back to the original problem. So I'm back to the battery I purchased last year.
The repair shop thinks my logic board is gone - do the symptoms seem to indicate this?? What should I do??
Is this a good question?