Nintendo Wii

Released in North America in November 2006.

How do I get a stuck disc out.

My wii will not turn on and it has a stuck disc inside it, how do i get it out.

Most Helpful Answer

I use a very thin metal scraper or putty knife with painters tape wrapped around it,slide it in carefully and the cd will stick and ease it out

it worked great. used double stick tape

by Mark Parsons

May god bless you! My WII means a lot to me and recently my baby brother inserted some DVDS and I tried a million ways to get them out! And your comment was Really helpful! Turns out there were 5 DVDS in there so it took me sometime but I'm glad I got it back! Thank you!

by Fetzy 11

Here a solution for this problem problem with new Wii's, some people load the game disk and play's fine and when it went to load another game. no response from the eject button. so stuck with the disk in.

BUT... frustration wins the day.

Hit the eject button fast " and i mean fast for about 50 times " and hey presto the CD ejected!!!!

it seems that the command for eject is not getting to the system and by doing this it manages to see the command at some stage.

Also Spoke with Nintendo tech support and they claimed if this did not work the front faceplate could be removed and there should be a pin hole for a paper clip behind the faceplate on the drive its self to do a manual eject with a paper clip.

hope this helps

My son shoved a dvd into my console while it was off now I cnt get it out any ideas please help!!!

by Kayla

how do I get the face plate off

by Jeff Rivnie

First, lift open the GCN port and take off that piece of the faceplate. Unscrew the little black philips screws (i believe there are 9). that piece will come off . Under the wii there are white bumps that you can pry off as well certain stickers. check a guide to see where as I'm currently at school. these are slightly larger philips screws. there will be the same instance on the side of the wii that you can lay it on where you can use a spludger except these require a deep triwing screwdriver. Open these up and you will see extra triwings on the face plate of the wii. You can manually trip the sensor and eject the disc.

by Black

What also works is if u get a cd stuck put the same kind of cd in the wii and let go in and then eject it and both of the CDs will come out it happend to me 20 minutes ago and it worked for me.

by Mac Aragon

it doesnt work plx help :(

gerardo, what does not work? what have you tried?

by oldturkey03

The disc is wasn't come out

by Black

How to get the Wii to sence the disc

Jared will be eternally grateful.