Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Which direction to pry to remove battery from iPhone 4?

Alright I have followed iFixIt's guide to replace the front assembly on an GSM iPhone 4, but 3 iPhone's I have messed up because of how I removed the battery. The picture on that guide is misleading because it seems like its going the wrong way to pry it. Could someone please instruct me how/which way to pry off the battery from the battery connect, so that it does not break off from the logic board? Thank you so much!

I put my tool on the side farthest from the battery itself / closest to the left hand side when you're looking down on the phone, just a light lift is all that is needed, obviously, make sure you've removed the screw and that weird little bit of metal that is usually there as well ;) [although I just opened one and it was under the screw, if so, don't worry about removing it until you've un-screwed it]

after that just gently go around the battery from all sides to get it off the glue.

Josh Forester will be eternally grateful.