Model A1040 / 10, 15, 20, 30, or 40 GB hard drive / four touch-sensitive LED backlit buttons above touch wheel

My tunes are in grey type

after changing computers, some of my tunes are shown in grey and others in black. The grey ones dont play.

If one of these answers fixed your problem please hit the "accept" in list that has "History Edit Flag Accept Comment" located to the upper right of your question so we can remove it from the unanswered list. Thanks so much.

The gray songs are on the old computer. The iPod knows about them but can't find them. You need to move the grey songs to the new computer. What type of computers do you have?

If you know how, just move them. If running Macs hook the old one up via firewire cable and start holding the "T" key down. The old machines hard drive will now show up on the desktop of the new computer. Open itunes and add the music from the old computer to the iTunes library. Hook up you iPod and all should be well.

Thanks for the detail. I was asking the question on befalf of my daughter. The tunes were on an old laptop whgich had a hard drive failure. She must have thought they were uploaded to her I tunes library but lost them with the drive.

go to http://thelittleappfactory.com/irip/?gcl...

download the app and move the old music to the new hard drive

gth will be eternally grateful.