Model A1199 / 2, 4, or 8 GB capacity

Why is there a "do not disconnect" logo on my screen

We just bought a used iPod and there is no booklet with it. When I plugged it in to my computer via a USB connector there is now a sign blinking and saying "do not disconnect". Is there a problem???

i am using 7th ipod nano and it says okay to disconet but it just stays there i tried reseting it and puting it on disk mode not of this worked

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

it has a do not disconnect on it because your iPod is trying to talk to the computer. If you disconnect it without first removing it from the computers desktop you can corrupt both the iPod and the computer.

Go to : http://support.apple.com/manuals/#iPod and locate your iPod and download the manual.

Take care

Most Helpful Answer

This is normal. There is not a problem. You simply have to go into your iTunes program and 'eject' the iPod. The eject icon is a triangle over a bar just to the right of where it lists your iPod on the left column in iTunes.

Roll your cursor over the triangle and press once. After just a couple of seconds, your iPod will be ready to disconnect and the "do not disconnect" logo will disappear.

Good luck,

Frank

@debbie

Make sure you use iTunes, and connect your iPod.

Select your iPod in the navigation panel on the left, Devices section.

Now use the Music button in the top menu.

Select to synchronize only "Selected playlists".

Only the tracks used in the selected playlists will be synced to your iPod.

The other tracks in your music library will not appear on your device.

toggle hold switch 5 times, then hold center button and menu button at same time for 10-20 seconds. Sounds crazy, but it worked for me!

Thank you for sharing this! It worked for me too! I didn't want to have to recover and reset it.

but this happens every time i connect it

Lee will be eternally grateful.