Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

My gyroscope stopped working, how do I fix it?

i was playing a game on my iphone4 when the character stayed ont the left. i'm supposed to move it using the gyroscope and turning the device, but it won't sense me moving it. there is also no setting on how to fix it or turn it back on. someone, please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried to reset or even to restore your iPhone?

Oldturkey has pretty much THE solution, reset or restore. There is no fixing (or even replacing) a gyroscope/accelerometer unless you have a microscope, very tiny robot arms capable of soldering, and a lot of know how. If you are still under warranty I would definitely take advantage of that. If the reset/restore doesn't work and you have no warranty, you may unfortunately be fishing for a new logic board.

Most Helpful Answer

Now seriously this just worked for me. My screen stopped rotating after I dropped it. So powered off and on still the same. Phone was in a padded case so I firmly flicked (hit ) it against a hard floor on all four sides, turned it over and repeated .. Now works fine.

Yes, I repeated Gary's suggestion and gave the phone a firm tap and screen rotation restored. Unbelievable but true.

When u are on main screen and u slide up from the bottom of the phone and u get tools to dim the brightness and set bluetooth on or put in airplane mode... On far right is portrait lock, if its on gyro wont work. Turned it off my prob was solved.

danieltorres8 will be eternally grateful.