Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

How do I remove the paint from the rear panel

how do I, or can I remove the paint from the rear panel of a iPhone 4

Hi nonconform,

Little confused; have you spilt paint on the back of the phone?

Are you ideally looking for a transparent back panel? these are sold aftermarket and are very easy to fit.

did not spill paint on phone would like to know if I can remove the factory finish on the inside of the back panel and maybe paint something of my own on it

Wonder if commercial paint remover would touch that finish. I don't think paint thinner would, but may be reducer. You can get that from automotive paint suppliers. Of course make sure that you have everything else removed, and watch for anything acrylic and plastics. Reducer will resolve that stuff. Why not go the route that Xile suggest? Get a clear case and customize that to your liking.....;-) good luck.

nonconform63 will be eternally grateful.