Repair and disassembly information for the second-generation iPhone SE, announced and released in April of 2020.

Is Truetone still disabled after a screen replacement?

I have found conflicting info online about whether or not Truetone is still disabled after a screen replacement. Most online discussions related to this are from around 2018 and not for this specific device, and I was wondering if it was any different today.

Yes, a display replacement on this phone WILL disable True Tone and bring up a “display may not be genuine” dialogue.

According to this answer, it’s possible to restore TrueTone functionality after a screen replacement.

Not necessarily. There are different quality screens. One that you can program the screen data onto and one you can’t. Make sure you get the one you can. Hopefully you still have the genuine screen because if you’ve had it replaced before the chance is the data wasn’t copied across.

Taylor Clark will be eternally grateful.