Model A1297 Unibody: Early 2009, Mid 2009, Mid 2010, Early 2011 & Late 2011

493 Questions View all

MacBook Pro 17" Unibody Display Case


I am looking for the MacBook Pro 17" (mid 2009) Unibody Display Case. Can I buy it separately - or how can this be changed? (It's damaged close to the Apple logo on the back of the display case.)

Thanks, Gerald

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

I didn't see one in the parts section. But as with any business like this you have quite a bit of inventory that has not made it to the list. This part is not much in demand so there should be some. Contact them and they'll let you know pronto. Here's the link

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

doubtful that it is available,

Historically Apple has always only provided 17" Displays as the complete clamshell. and then with the introduction of the unibody and ridiculously strong industrial glues, unibody displays have also been only available as complete clamshell..

That being said, you may want to try contacting local AASP's to see if perhaps someone broke the glass on their 17" Unibody and the full clamshell sans glass is sitting in a damaged / no returnable box.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

Gerald Hofmann will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 1,625