Non-Unibody, Core Duo & Core 2 Duo Processors

Display at the bottom have shadows

I started the computer and the screen seems to have spot light like dark lines that go across it - from bottom, about 1 inch in hight.The rest of display is OK.These dark lines are spread from one bottom corner to the other bottom corner, like this:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-n...

only difference is that in my case they are not spread trough whole display,just at the bottom.

It's the screen itself. Changing a cable is not going to help this situation. It's either a defect with one of the screen's internal bulbs (not worth replacing -- replace the whole screen), or often the metallic tape on the back of the screen comes loose or becomes warped or somewhat "rippled" due to liquid, causing light to "get out" and cause darkness in the areas where the tape has pulled away. Sometimes if you take the back of the screen casing off and can spot this waviness of the tape, you can tape it down again and reduce the problem, however, I don't think I've ever succeeded in eliminating it completely. You're going to have to go into the screen casing anyway, so it might be worth trying, but I suspect you're going to need to replace the screen if your goal is to once again have a perfect display.

You have not much information about your laptop or operating system. If your problem looks like the attached picture, perhaps this article here can help you resolve the problem.

Thanks for your replay.Sorry for not giving any details about my Mac:

Macbook Pro 17", 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, running under MacOS X 10.6.5, 4GB RAM,late 2008.

I suspect that lady who is cleaning my apartment drop it while she was cleaning table, she said she didn't but the display part of Macbook on the left side look's unbalanced and when I close the lid left side is about 2mm lifted.

I have additional question will this problem escalate and become as shown on the picture ? I can live with existing problem.

Could you please share a picture of your screen's image with us? Did you try the LCD reset mentioned in the article to see if the problem would go away?

I try LCD reset several times,but it didn't help.If you instruct me I would be glad to share a picture of my screen,simple I don't know how to do that :(

but the picture is the same as in your post.

I see it now, lol

This picture show much better the display problem

The same thing is happening right now with my current mac book. i can live with the existing problem but i would like to know if it ever escalates from here. Thanks :)

Phill Stecheson will be eternally grateful.