water in fabric softener compartment after cycle is complete.

After the wash cycle is complete, there is always a few ounces of water in the fabric softener compartment.

HE3T fabric softener dispenser not working. Washer initially flushes detergent area (left side) and fills for wash cycle w/o problem. With drawer pulled out after initial fill and wash water enters back of dispenser in a trickle for rinsing, never flowing through top right (roof) section of cavity through holes to drop into fabric softener well. Tray is clean and unclogged as are holes in roof of cavity. Cog moves pointer from I through IV.

I'd take the entire soap tray out from the machine..it'll either have tabs on either side that you push in, or you lift the tray up and out. Either way it's an easy job. The nasty part is this..softener and soap build up like you wouldn't believe, it will have blocked the outlet for the softener and this is why you have the water in the tray. Most washer trays will come apart even further so that you can access under the lids and into the drainage ports-there aren't any tricks to them. Try pouring boiling water over...careful as it does splash up. and then leave to soak in very hot water to try and soften/dissolve the residue. It gets pretty black and mouldy in there-

You can also check the machine where the tray goes for anything blocking the path the water/softener/soap takes to the drum.

This is happening to our whirlpool duet machine! I do not use fab softener, regularly clean the machine, and have washed the drawer. All holes seem unclogged. Now what???

Yep in the middle toward the back push down and it will release the tray pull the tray out.

remove the cover on the softener and clean out the hole. this will create the correct vacuum and it will drain.

I also have this issue at first started in the softener compartment now in both detergent and softener department!

That's normal. See this answer: bleach and fabric softner dispenser problem

I have had troubles with this since we bought it. I have pulled it out and cleaned what I thought would be clogged and it wasn't...it is just moody. Sometimes it dispenses the fabric softener and other times it does not. Sometimes it just adds water the the fabric softener I put in there, sometimes not. There is no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it empties, when I pull the tray out to refill for a new load and before I put anything in the tray, I will notice it's already full from the last cycle that failed to empty and it will begin to dispense it into the washer before starting the cycle or even pushing the tray back in.

I would love to find an answer for this.

Same exact problem since I purchased. My problem is I don't like to complain! Nevermind the mold and mildew underneath the trays, DISGUSTING! A man told me his wife has delicate skin so they purchase dry Walmart detergent and no more mildew/mold build up because there are animal by products in the liquid detergent which causes this. What makes me the madess is I purchased when Kelly Rippa was doing the commercials for these after about a year or more. I purchased them and they were not inexpensive and on top I didn't get what I wanted, the steaming option because of my husband. Anyway, good luck you think Electrolux would of already done a recall on this problem. One more note, last year I had to replace the circuit board on the washing machine. I had the money, I should of purchased something else and got my steamer! Really what type of products are Electrolux making today, the circuit board cost me close to $500.00!

Donna will be eternally grateful.